Home Made Face Masks for Acne Prone Skin
Face masks are excellent for deep cleansing and nourishing the skin. Some face masks are used as exfoliating agents. Clay works as a good dirt and sebum extractor on the skin. It pulls and logged oil and dirt.
Some very effective face masks, which work well on problematic skins prone to acne are suggested below. These are natural products that can be found at home. So, they are cost effective besides being skin friendly and without side effects.
1. Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to stiffly beaten egg white and yoghurt. Apply thickly on the face and neck. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wipe off using wet cotton. Before applying the mask, wipe face with hot water.
2. Oatmeal and cucumber juice, mixed in equal proportions make a very good cleansing mask for oily skin. Oatmeal extracts and absorbs excess oil while cucumber juice cools the skin and reduces the irritation caused by acne.
3. Fuller's earth is a very effective cleansing agent for oily skin. You can mix it with fresh fruit juices, preferably citric fruits, to get a clean scrubbed look. Buttermilk, when combined with Fuller's earth also acts as a good cleansing agent.
Scrubbing should not be done when acne and pimples are present on the skin. Scrubbing ruptures pimples and causes the infection to spread. Once your acne reduces, you can use scrub masks as a precaution against further eruptions. Scrubbing deep cleanses and dislodges excess oil which is deposited in the pores.
1. Powdered lemon or orange peel, when mixed with oatmeal and lemon juice makes an excellent scrub. Cucumber juice, juice of freshly ground neem leaves, mint juice and rose water can also be mixed with the peel powder and used effectively. Rub the mixture on the skin using upward strokes for 5 minutes. It can also be used just as a face pack. Wash off with cold water. This is a very gentle scrub.
2. Sugar mixed with citric fruit juice removes dead cells from the skin and clears pores. This is a coarse scrub and gives an abrasive effect. While preparing this scrub, see that the sugar crystals do not dissolve completely. Rub the mixture on the face for 5 minutes gently with upward movements and wash with cold water.
Skin nourishment masks
Face masks provide nourishment to the skin. Using the right kind of mask controls oil secretion and thus is a preventive measure against acne. Before applying a face mask, make sure that your skin is thoroughly clean and devoid of dead cells. Wiping face with hot water before applications facilitates deep penetration of the mask. Do not steam your face as it will increase oil secretion by activating the sebaceous glands.
1. One portion of Brewer's yeast when mixed with 2 portions of yoghurt makes a good nourishing mask for oily skin. Leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes and wash off with cold water.
2. Make a paste of oatmeal powder, lemon juice and raw milk. Apply and keep it on for around 20 minutes and wash.
3. Starch masks are effective in reducing enlarged pores and pimples. Mix either potato starch, corn starch or wheat starch with warm water. Leave it on for 20 mines before washing.
Oily skin can turn out to be a blessing in disguise if taken care of properly. This skin has a natural glow, which hides behind the greasiness. Oily skin ages very slowly. So care for your skin and you will end up looking fresh and youthful for a long time.